We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://alfaparcel.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Our policy fully complies with UK law, including the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 (EU).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Alfaparcel Limited of 11 Gold Leaf Industrial Park, Sandall Road, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE13 2GA
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect your data when you decide to interact with us in the following ways:
• register to use our website http://alfaparcel.co.uk and fill in the forms;
• subscribe to our service and mailing list;
• place an order on our website;
• correspond with us by phone, e-mail, Contact Us page or otherwise;
• search for a product/service or other related information;
• participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site;
• report a problem with our site.
When you engage in activities above, we collect the following personal data from you:
name, postal address, account login and password details, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other information provided by you during the use of Our Service.
In addition, we automatically collect he following technical data from you:
• Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect;
• full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) your computer to the Internet;
• your login information;
• browser type and version;
• time zone setting;
• browser plug-in types and versions;
• operating system and platform;
• clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
• products you viewed or searched for;
• page response times, download errors;
• length of visits to certain pages;
• page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• methods used to browse away from the page;
• any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We only collect the information which is necessary to carry out our business, provide services you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest news.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may combine information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive).
We collect your data for the following purposes:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into with the client;
• to verify your identity;
• to process your orders and payments;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer;
• to provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about products and services similar to those that you have already purchased or products and services we feel may interest you;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content of our site is presented in the most effective manner and to improve it;
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share your information with anyone for marketing purposes without your consent. However, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Alfaparcel Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alfaparcel Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Some of services that we offer require sharing of data with other partners. This is done in order for other partners to be able to perform such activities as administration of your payment, delivery of your items to you and others. We only allow our partners to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls and are GDPR compliant.
We may share your data with:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• police or any other regulatory body or government authority investigating any illegal activities.
HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our website is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certified. SSL is a transparent protocol. It is possible to identify whether the site is using SSL when a padlock is displayed or the address bar showing the URL as HTTPS instead of HTTP. SSL encrypts the data sent between your web browser and the terminating server.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE THE DATA?
We will only use your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
• You have the right to obtain confirmation whether we are processing personal data that concerns you. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you;
• in addition to your access right above, you can request us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format;
• you have the right to ask us to make changes to the personal information in case it is inaccurate, or to complete it in case it is incomplete;
• you have the right to ask us to remove your personal data whenever they are no longer necessary for the purposes they were originally collected for.
• you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data, i.e. not to process it for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
• you have the right to choose how we communicate with you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services. Marketing e-mails will be sent not more than once a month. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please use the “unsubscribe” link in the bottom of the e-mail or contact us;
• you have the right to lodge a complaint with Alfaparcel Limited directly if you have any concerns about how your personal data is stored and used. You may also contact the Information Commissioner's Office, supervisory authority in the United Kingdom where Alfaparcel Limited is based.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal information only in cases where we have a legal basis to do so. Such legal basis depends on the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information. In accordance with the purpose, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Execution of agreement with you. We collect your personal data because it is necessary for the execution of the agreement between Alfaparcel Limited and the Client. If we are not provided with this data, it cannot be executed;
- Consent. This mainly concerns receiving marketing messages from us.
- Legitimate business interests. Such interests include supplying services to our clients, improving existing services and developing new ones, complying with our legal obligations, preventing, investigating and detecting crime and fraud, handling client contacts and inquiries, fulfilling our duties to clients and other parties involved.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer in order to collect standard internet log information and to track visitor use of the website for the purpose of compilation of statistical reports.